Burst water main causes flooding in Foulden, near Thetford.
A burst water main has caused disruption in Foulden, near Thetford, for more than three days.
Resident Barry Home, a member of our iwitness24 community, took these pictures in Vicarage Lane this morning (Wednesday).
'I first noticed it late on Saturday and water has been pouring out since then,' Mr Home, 62 said. 'There must have been hundreds of thousands of litres.
'There's no proper drainage in the village, so it's just going into the ditches. It's overflowing now into the grounds of the village hall.'
Mr Home said repairmen had started work at about 10am this morning after he first reported the problem to Anglian Water on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
'I have sent about half-a-dozen photos to iwitness,' he added. 'Norfolk is such a big county, you can't have people everywhere all of the time, and there's nothing like an eye witness account.'
No-one at Anglian Water was available to comment.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project
Follow the link, top right, to join the iwitness24 community and share your photographs, news and videos.