Burst water main causes flooding in Foulden, near Thetford.
A burst water main has caused disruption in Foulden, near Thetford, for more than three days.
Resident Barry Home, a member of our iwitness24 community, took these pictures in Vicarage Lane this morning (Wednesday).
'I first noticed it late on Saturday and water has been pouring out since then,' Mr Home, 62 said. 'There must have been hundreds of thousands of litres.
'There's no proper drainage in the village, so it's just going into the ditches. It's overflowing now into the grounds of the village hall.'
Mr Home said repairmen had started work at about 10am this morning after he first reported the problem to Anglian Water on Monday.
'I have sent about half-a-dozen photos to iwitness,' he added. 'Norfolk is such a big county, you can't have people everywhere all of the time, and there's nothing like an eye witness account.'
No-one at Anglian Water was available to comment.
- 1 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 6 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 7 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 9 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof
- 10 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school
Follow the link, top right, to join the iwitness24 community and share your photographs, news and videos.