Pupils experience what it is like to work in the hospitality sector
- Credit: The Hoste Hotel and Spa
As the end of the school year approaches, year six pupils from Burnham Market Primary School were given a taste of the hospitality industry during a visit to a local hotel.
Twenty-four pupils from the year visited The Hoste Hotel and Spa in the village.
They visited the hotel to mark the end of their time at the school and to find out more about the hotel sector.
Their topic this time was linked to the imagined land project which is about the history of Burnham Norton.
Martin De Sousa, general manager of The Hoste Hotel and Spa, said: 'We were delighted to welcome Burnham Market Primary School to The Hoste as they celebrated the end of year six.
You may also want to watch:
'The hotel industry offers a variety of different roles and every child was taken behind the scenes and were shown how different departments operate.
'We hope the visit will inspire them to consider the hospitality sector as a possible career choice.'
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 4 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 5 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 8 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 Family's tribute to much loved motorcyclist, 21, involved in A10 crash