Search

Reports of building fire turn out to be cooking fumes

PUBLISHED: 19:00 02 February 2019 | UPDATED: 19:00 02 February 2019

Fire crews called to Witton. Photo: Denise Bradley

Fire crews called to Witton. Photo: Denise Bradley

Archant

Cooking fumes were the reason for an emergency call out on the north Norfolk coast.

Firefighters from the Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service were called to the Sutton estate in Burnham Market at 5.57pm on Saturday, February 2.

Crews from Fakenham and Wells attended following reports of smoke coming from a building.

Although a genuine cause for concern the fumes turned out not to be an emergency and were instead caused by cooking.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Eastern Daily Press. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Most Read

Latest from the Eastern Daily Press