Burglars target Great Yarmouth market
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2013
Great Yarmouth Market stalls have been targeted by thieves over night.
The burglaries took place on over night on Tuesday/Wednesday and were reported to the police on the morning of Wednesday.
Cash was stolen from the stalls and there has been damage to one of the CCTV cameras in the area.
The market is operated by Great Yarmouth Borough Council and a spokesperson said: 'The borough council is aware that burglars targeted five market stalls in the early hours of Wednesday morning.
The police have been informed and are investigating.
You may also want to watch:
'The council has spoken with the affected traders about security and remaining extra vigilant.
A stall holder had been left a note saying: 'Please be aware we have had a spate of break-ins please be vigilant.'
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
Any witnesses or anyone with information should contact Norfolk police on 101 or call Crimestoppers on 0800555111.