Burglars steal precious belongings saved from flood surge at Hemsby
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2013
Callous burglars stole valuables rescued from a bungalow that fell into the sea in Hemsby.
The items - including a gold necklace, three watches, a digital camera and a camcorder - had been stowed in a shed in The Marrams.
But they were stolen at some point between 10pm on the night of the storm surge and 11.30am on Sunday.
There were many members of the public in the area offering assistance over the course of the weekend and officers would like to hear from anyone who may have seen any suspicious activity around the bungalow or adjacent sheds at the time of the incident.
Anyone with any information should call PC Michelle Hargrave at Caister Police Station on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 2 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 3 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 4 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 5 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 6 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 7 Former Norwich City coach moves on again - after just three months
- 8 'Fantastic to have people back' - Tea room reopens on Broads
- 9 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 10 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues