Burglaries in Ingham prompt police appeal
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
A man who claimed to have been asked to carry out work at a house in Grove Road, Ingham, is wanted by police after a burglary.
The crime was followed by a break in at a house in Brumstead Road, Ingham Corner, at which an orange Stihl chainsaw, a man's wristwatch, necklaces, earrings and cash were stolen.
A police spokesman said between 1pm and 1.15pm on August 13 a man called at the Grove Road address claiming to have been asked to carry out work, but no such request had been made.
Later in the afternoon a back window appeared to have been forced open at the property and a cash box containing medicine was taken.
The Brumstead Road break in happened between 11am and 3pm on the same day after back patio doors were forced open.
You may also want to watch:
Police say a white van, believed to be a Mercedes Sprinter, was spotted, being driven 'suspiciously' in the Ingham and Somerton areas in days following both incidents, particularly on Wednesday, August 16 in Long Lane, Ingham.
Police have urged residents to be vigilant and want to speak to anyone who might have information about either burglary or the van.
Witnesses are asked to contact Detective Constable Mike Simpson on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or through their online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 8 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 9 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 10 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack