Burgh Castle fire: Police hunt for Vauxhall driver after man dies in caravan park blaze
- Credit: Archant
Police are looking for a driver of a Vauxhall Zafira which was seen at Breydon Water Caravan Park, where a man died following a caravan fire on Sunday morning.
Officers were called at 3.05am on May 15 to reports of a fire at the caravan park in Burgh Castle.
A 40-year-old man was found inside a caravan and was taken to the James Paget Hospital in Gorleston where he later died.
A post mortem examination found the man died from the effects of smoke inhalation.
Officers are continuing to treat the man's death as unexplained.
The sequence of events leading to the fire is still unclear at this stage and police enquiries are continuing and seal is still up in place around the caravan.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for anyone who may have information about the fire to contact them. Officers are keen to trace the driver of a dark coloured Vauxhall Zafira which was seen on the caravan site on Saturday, May 14.
•Anyone with information should contact Norfolk Constabulary on 101.
- 1 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 2 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 3 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 4 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 5 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 6 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 7 Inside the police operation that has led to 3000 arrests in Norfolk
- 8 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 9 Volunteers wanted - to be locked up in a Norfolk police cell
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home