Burger Dan near Norwich named as place to get Britain’s best bacon butty
- Credit: copyright ARCHANT 2017
A Norfolk burger van business is today digesting the news that it has been named one of Britain's best places for a bacon butty.
Burger Dan, on Wroxham Road near Sprowston Manor Hotel, was chosen alongside nine others across the nation for the quality of its staple of the country's snack diet.
The other winning establishments include JoJo's Breakfast Bar in Gloucester, Sparks Will Fry in Widnes, Giltbrook Cob Shop in Nottingham, Straw Kitchen in Warwickshire, The Kitchen Table in West Hampstead, Ockham Bites in Surrey, the Lunch Box in Kent, Hackney City Farm in London and Castle Café in Northwich.
As part of the nationwide competition, tradespeople were asked to nominate the butty establishment they feel makes the country's best bacon sandwich - whether that's a café, restaurant, hotel or roadside van.
After receiving hundreds of entries for the competition, IronmongeryDirect revealed the top 10 - all of which are now on a dedicated Bacon Butty map.
You may also want to watch:
The competition was launched following research by IronmongeryDirect, which found that the classic bacon sandwich is the breakfast of choice for our nation's tradespeople. A survey of 2,014 workers found that 72pc agreed it was their workplace snack of choice.
Wayne Lysaght-Mason, managing director at IronmongeryDirect, said: 'Bacon sandwiches are a classic breakfast choice for those on the go, which explains why they have been named as the snack of choice by the UK's tradepeople.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 5 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 7 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 8 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 9 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 10 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
'We know that a tradesperson's job can be physically demanding, so it's important to kick-start the day with a hearty breakfast. That's why we launched our competition to find those breakfast heroes who provide the perfect sandwich to keep our nation of workers powering on throughout the day.'