Burger Dan near Norwich named as place to get Britain’s best bacon butty
- Credit: copyright ARCHANT 2017
A Norfolk burger van business is today digesting the news that it has been named one of Britain's best places for a bacon butty.
Burger Dan, on Wroxham Road near Sprowston Manor Hotel, was chosen alongside nine others across the nation for the quality of its staple of the country's snack diet.
The other winning establishments include JoJo's Breakfast Bar in Gloucester, Sparks Will Fry in Widnes, Giltbrook Cob Shop in Nottingham, Straw Kitchen in Warwickshire, The Kitchen Table in West Hampstead, Ockham Bites in Surrey, the Lunch Box in Kent, Hackney City Farm in London and Castle Café in Northwich.
As part of the nationwide competition, tradespeople were asked to nominate the butty establishment they feel makes the country's best bacon sandwich - whether that's a café, restaurant, hotel or roadside van.
After receiving hundreds of entries for the competition, IronmongeryDirect revealed the top 10 - all of which are now on a dedicated Bacon Butty map.
You may also want to watch:
The competition was launched following research by IronmongeryDirect, which found that the classic bacon sandwich is the breakfast of choice for our nation's tradespeople. A survey of 2,014 workers found that 72pc agreed it was their workplace snack of choice.
Wayne Lysaght-Mason, managing director at IronmongeryDirect, said: 'Bacon sandwiches are a classic breakfast choice for those on the go, which explains why they have been named as the snack of choice by the UK's tradepeople.
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 5 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 6 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 7 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 8 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
'We know that a tradesperson's job can be physically demanding, so it's important to kick-start the day with a hearty breakfast. That's why we launched our competition to find those breakfast heroes who provide the perfect sandwich to keep our nation of workers powering on throughout the day.'