Road reopens after burst water main causes travel disruption in Bungay
- Credit: Archant
A Bungay road has reopened after essential emergency repairs were made to a nearby water main which had previously forced it to close.
St Mary's Street was closed yesterday afternoon causing disruption for motorists travelling into the town.
A spokesman for Essex and Suffolk Water said: 'We have been carrying out emergency repairs to a burst main on St Mary's Street in Bungay.
'Due to the location of the burst a road closure was required to ensure safety.
'The repairs have now been completed and the road has now reopened.'
You may also want to watch:
He added: 'We apologise for any inconvenience caused while this essential work was taking place.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: Norwich City Council LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 8 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 9 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich