Bungay couple star in Channel 4 show Four In A Bed
A BUNGAY couple will be featured on national television all next week as their family-run hotel appears in a Channel 4 series.
Tim and Jules Anderson welcome the owners of three other hotels across the county to The King's Head and Queen's Jules, before then paying a visit to them as part of the show Four In A Bed.
Each group then secretly pays what they consider is fair for their stay before they find out at the end of the week which is named as best value.
Mr Anderson, 59, said: 'We applied to go on the show as we thought it would be something good for the hotel and will be an interesting experience, which it was.'
The couple welcomed rivals from Harwich, Cardiff and Lancashire, on the first night of filming in January, before then spending an evening at their hotels.
Each is required to put on an activity as well as provide dinner and breakfast.
Mr Anderson said; 'It was hard work because you are filming all of the time and are clearly thinking about being filmed, but we met some lovely people.'
- 1 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 2 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 3 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 4 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 5 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 6 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 7 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 8 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 9 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 10 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
Although details surrounding the programme have to be kept secret, Mr Anderson was able to say that their visitors arrived on the evening of Mrs Anderson's 40th birthday, providing the perfect opportunity for a party with friends and family.
He said he was nervous ahead of the show being on television, but the couple said they feel happy with the way they came across.
Mrs Anderson said: 'Most of the other contestants had been running their establishments for eight or more years or had been able to make a lot of capital investment and all had many more staff than us.
'For a business that had only been running for just over a year and where we do most things ourselves including the renovation, I think we are doing ok.'
The episode in Bungay will be screened on Channel 4 on Monday, April 9 at 5.30pm.
The other shows will be at the same time all week, with the result show on the Friday.