Bungay baby bank to open in town and support the community
- Credit: Bungay Community Support (BCS)
Bungay Community Support are launching the Bungay Baby Bank on November 30.
Open from 10am-12pm at Owles Warehouse, there will be clothes and nappies for babies and toddlers aged 0-3 years.
The bank will be open on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month, with the last one before Christmas being on December 14.
The bank is the first of its kind in Bungay and is accessible to anyone, regardless of income and no referrals are needed.
Morrisons in Beccles are supporting the project with donations of nappies and clothes.
Martha Coleman, BCS project coordinator, said: "The baby bank aims to give people the opportunity to swap or donate their pre-loved baby clothes.
"Children grow so quickly and replacing their clothes can be expensive, so we hope to support caregivers with this cost.
- 1 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 2 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 4 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 5 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 6 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 7 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 8 Man threatened to petrol bomb ex-partner's home
- 9 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 10 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
"Plus it's much better for the environment than buying everything new."
If you have items to donate there is a donation box at Trinity Church, which is open 9-5pm on weekdays.
Get in contact with Martha Coleman at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 365 2995.