Bullards Norwich Dry Gin named best of its kind in the world just after a year since it was first made
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A Norwich company is celebrating after their dry gin was named the best of its kind in the world just over a year since it was first distilled.
After being named the best London dry gin in the country last year Bullards Spirits beat off competition from across the globe to win the accolade at the 2017 World Drinks Awards.
Bullards is a name which has been synonymous with Norwich for some 180 years, starting off as a brewery in the 19th century.
And after a 30-year hiatus from 1985, the brand was revived in 2015 by Russell Evans, who had worked for the company in the early 1980s.
As well as bringing life back into beer brewing, the business turned its attention to spirits, and distilled its first Norwich Dry Gin in December 2015.
You may also want to watch:
And now with this top accolade under its belt, Bullards Spirits is hoping to put its flagship Norwich Dry Gin firmly on the map at home and abroad.
'The award for the World's Best London Dry Gin in the World Drinks Awards has come as a complete shock, but a huge pat on the back for everything we've achieved in just a year since we launched,' said Russell Evans.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 7 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 8 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 9 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 10 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
'Our distiller, Peter Smith, is one of the youngest distillers in the UK and has so many innovative ideas and expertise to bring to our brand. We only launched a year ago, but already we are achieving more than we thought.'
Bullards Spirits is the only gin distillery in Norfolk and the first to use Tonka Bean in its recipe. Following this prize the brand is looking to make its mark nationally and internationally and has even undergone a modern rebrand to give it greater presence.
'Our new labels really reflect the quality and USP of Bullards Gin and prove that we are now ready to target new customers across the UK and beyond, both in the on-trade and in retail,' added Mr Evans.