Volunteers to bring spring colour to Norwich as 14,000 bulbs planted
- Credit: Archant © 2006
Volunteers will brighten up an area of Norwich when they plant 14,000 bulbs next month.
King's Community Church, which leases the Norman Centre on the Mile Cross estate from the city council, is holding its Bloomin' Marvellous event next month to bring some spring colour to the area.
It will take place on Saturday, October 20, and will see them plant around 14,000 bulbs around the Norman Centre, Petersen Park and Mile Cross Primary School.
There will be refreshments and crafts, and as a thank you those who help out can pot a bulb to take home.
There will be an opportunity to record where people plant the bulbs so they can keep an eye on their progress.
You may also want to watch:
In the week leading up to the big day, they will be visiting the primary school to do some planting.
To contact the Norman Centre, on Bignold Road, call 01603 408140.
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 6 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 7 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 8 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer