Restaurant evacuated after fire at Riverside in Norwich
- Credit: James Randle
Firefighters were called to deal with a building fire at a busy leisure complex in Norwich.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service was called to the Fatso's restaurant in Riverside at 12.14pm on Friday to reports of a fire in a commercial building.
Crews from Earlham and Carrow arrived at 12.20pm and used hose reel jets and ladders to extinguish the fire and thermal imaging cameras to check for hot spots. The crews were finished on the scene by 12.45pm.
Police were also made aware of the incident.
A fire service spokesman said the restaurant and others nearby were evacuated while the crews were on scene, but people were allowed to return to neighbouring premises at 12.40pm.
The Riverside complex also includes the Odeon cinema, TGI Friday, Frankie and Benny's, The Queen of Iceni and the Gravity trampoline park.
American diner Fatso's opened in the complex earlier this year in a premises formerly occupied by Italian restaurant Artorio's.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 4 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 5 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 6 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 7 New 4,000 home garden village idea criticised by countryside charity
- 8 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 9 Which of the major shops are staying closed this Boxing Day?
- 10 Ongoing roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week