Building excellence in North Norfolk set to be put in spotlight
- Credit: © ARCHANT NORFOLK PHOTOGRAPHIC
A new hospital building and education centre are among the regional finalists in a national award ceremony.
Five North Norfolk projects will be finalists in seven categories of the regional Local Authority Building Control (LABC) Building Excellence Awards for 2013.
Projects from Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire are competing to be named the best in East Anglia, in 12 categories covering different types of building design, construction and use.
The awards, to be given at a dinner at St Andrews Hall, Norwich, on Friday, April 26, recognise projects that have been built to the highest standards, and demonstrate innovation and sustainability in design.
The five North Norfolk projects, nominated by North Norfolk District Council (NNDC), are: The Glass House in Holt for best individual house, Cromer Hospital for best community building and best technical innovation, 43a Norwich Road in Cromer for best technical innovation and The Atrium in North Walsham for best education building and best commercial building.
You may also want to watch:
North Norfolk District Council Building Control and CNC Building Control have been nominated in the best partnership category, with both working together to ensure that the Cromer Hospital remained under the auspices of local authority Building Control, not a private competitor.
Regional winners will go forward to the national LABC Building Excellence Awards, to be presented in November.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 7 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 8 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR