Builder jailed for glassing man in face in Wymondham over £20 debt
- Credit: PA
A builder has been jailed six years after he left a man scarred for life when he glassed him in the face over a £20 debt.
Stephen Harvey, 53, got involved with an argument with the victim in Wymondham Snooker Club and they ended up fighting over £20 Harvey was owed, Norwich Crown Court heard.
John Farmer prosecuting, said that Harvey hit the victim in the face with the glass causing a two inch gash near his lip and the victim also received two cuts to his chest, which has also left some scarring.
He said that the victim had to be treated in hospital for the wounds and said the gash to his face had left the victim with a visible scar: 'The wound is going to result in permanent scarring.'
He said that the injury had a huge impact on the victim .
You may also want to watch:
Harvey, of Orchard Way, Wymondham, admitted causing grievous bodily harm and was jailed for six years.
Michael Clare, for Harvey, said : 'It was not a case of this defendant seeking out the victim for no reason. There was a fight between two men, who had too much to drink.'
- 1 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 2 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 3 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 4 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 5 Do you recognise this man?
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 9 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 10 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
He added: 'It is an argument over money. They get fighting and he resorted to using the glass as part of that fight. He accepts he went over the top in using the glass.'
He said that Harvey, who was a hardworking builder, had also received a leg injury in the fight.