Build-A-Bear store closes early after unexpected crowds
- Credit: Archant
Build-A-Bear in Norwich were forced to shut early on Thursday after a cheap promotion left customers in line for six hours.
The 'Pay Your Age' at Build-A-Bear Workshop offered customers any fluffy bear to be bought for their child's age across the United Kingdom.
The price range of the stuffed teddy are usually from £11 to £25 with accessories.
The second floor of the intu Chapelfield store in Norwich had keen bear builders waiting in long lines which snaked around the level.
Build-A-Bear Workshops were forced to close stores nation wide after a 'overwhelming and unprecedented' response to the sale.
You may also want to watch:
The company released in a statement: 'Per local authorities, we cannot accept additional Guests at our U.K Build-A-Bear Workshop locations due to crowd and safety concerns. We have closed queues in our U.K stores. We understand some of our Guests are disappointed and we will reach out directly as soon as possible.'
Matthew Hill, 28, travelled from Fakenham to buy his two sons, aged two and one, their first and second Build-A-Bear.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 6 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 7 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 8 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 9 Woman who got stuck in marshes rescued by coastguards
- 10 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
'We're here for the offer really, a bear can be £25 without the clothes and accessories,
Mr Hill said: 'We have been queuing since 9.30am.'