Budgens store in Harleston to become an East of England Co-Op
- Credit: Archant
A supermarket in a Norfolk town is due to change hands later this year when the East of England Co-Op takes over a Budgens store.
The two organisations have exchanged contracts on the site in Bullock Fair Close, Harleston.
Once the deal has been completed, the store will close for refurbishment before reopening in summer 2017.
No jobs are to be lost as part of the move, with those currently working at Budgens transferring to the East of England Co-Op.
The East of England Co-op food store in London Road, Harleston will remain open until the newly-renovated supermarket opens its doors. Staff there will then transfer to the new store.
Roger Grosvenor, joint chief executive for the East of England Co-op, said: 'Having been a part of the Harleston community for a number of years, this is a fantastic opportunity for us to provide our members and customers with a new, larger store allowing us to expand our range of services and locally sourced produce.'
- 1 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 2 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 4 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 5 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 6 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 7 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 8 Man threatened to petrol bomb ex-partner's home
- 9 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 10 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk