Budgens store in Harleston to become an East of England Co-Op
- Credit: Archant
A supermarket in a Norfolk town is due to change hands later this year when the East of England Co-Op takes over a Budgens store.
The two organisations have exchanged contracts on the site in Bullock Fair Close, Harleston.
Once the deal has been completed, the store will close for refurbishment before reopening in summer 2017.
No jobs are to be lost as part of the move, with those currently working at Budgens transferring to the East of England Co-Op.
The East of England Co-op food store in London Road, Harleston will remain open until the newly-renovated supermarket opens its doors. Staff there will then transfer to the new store.
You may also want to watch:
Roger Grosvenor, joint chief executive for the East of England Co-op, said: 'Having been a part of the Harleston community for a number of years, this is a fantastic opportunity for us to provide our members and customers with a new, larger store allowing us to expand our range of services and locally sourced produce.'
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks