Budding artists asked to submit mural designs to brighten up parts of Norwich
- Credit: Jo Clarke
Budding artists are being encouraged to submit mural designs to help brighten up areas of Norwich as part of a new scheme.
Norwich Business Improvement District (BID) are asking artists, designers and illustrators to submit mural ideas that can revitalise three city centre locations.
Castle House, Tesco Metro and Tickety Boo have all been selected as a blank canvas waiting to be brought to life by eye catching murals.
The city centre is already home to several murals including a 3D bookshelf, a friendly dragon, and Norwich street scenes.
Norwich BID's mural project aims to enliven vacant and tired spaces in the city centre with dynamic large-scale murals to the theme of 'City of Stories'.
You may also want to watch:
Martin Blackwell, Business and Operations Manager said, 'This is a fantastic project for the city and we want the murals to be executed in a distinctive way, each one unique to Norwich and interpreting its surroundings.'
• Interested artists, illustrators, designers should contact Martin Blackwell, 01603 727936 (email@example.com) or visit http://www.norwichbid.co.uk/greener-cleaner-city/murals-project/ for more details and a submission pack. Entries close on April 2.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 8 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock