Bucket collections boost Sheringham theatre’s improvements appeal
- Credit: Archant
Generous showgoers are helping a community theatre with its improvement plans by throwing change into bucket collections.
The latest round of donations at Sheringham Little Theatre came during its community youth production of the hit musical Oliver, when £442 was collected.
The money will help the venue's Little Bit Bigger appeal, which aims to add a room on to a flat roof.
The extension will provide a flexible space for youth rehearsals and meetings, corporate hospitality and as a community meeting space.
Other donations during the year have amounted to £9,000 and a special production of the comedy Noises Off raised a further £16,000 two years ago.
You may also want to watch:
Theatre director Debbie Thompson said: 'We are fundraising and seeking grant support but bucket collections are vitally important to us, and shows people are happy to back our drive to improve this community asset.'
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 4 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 5 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 6 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 7 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 8 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 9 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named