Buccaneers celebrate Scout Scarf Day
- Credit: Archant
North Yarmouth Buccaneers Scout group based at Alderman Swindell School.
The idea of 'Scout Scarf Day' on August 1 is that all active and former scouts are requested to wear their scout scarfs in public to make the 'Spirit of Scouting' visible: Once a Scout - Always a Scout.
The date of the event commemorates the very first Scout Camp on Brownsea Island in 1907.
?Of course, the scarf is only a symbol but a strong symbol for the scout promise and for our mission to leave the world as a bit better a place than we had found it.
North Yarmouth Buccaneers Scouting Group Based at Alderman Swindell in Great Yarmouth is a local group for children and teenagers whom are ages 6 to 18.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: 'We have a group of parents and volunteers who run and organise the group. We are always looking for new volunteers.'
Picture features Jackie Esposito, Joanne Holloway and Pauline Zarzosa group section leaders.
For more go to: www.facebook.com/North.Yarmouth.Buccaneers
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft