BT announce broadband upgrade for thousands in Aylsham, Stalham and Thetford
Thousands of homes and businesses across south and north Norfolk will be getting faster internet connections as part of a BT upgrade.
Thetford, Stalham and Aylsham have been announced as the latest towns to benefit from the firm's �2.5bn 'roll out' of its next generation broadband service. The improvements will serve 18,500 customers.
The connection will be delivered through copper lines and is set to double download speeds.
Dave Hughes, BT's East of England regional director, said: 'This major investment is playing a vital role in the future prosperity of the region.
'But there is still much work to be done and we want to work with the public sector to find solutions for even the most challenging locations.'
You may also want to watch:
The announcement comes as the Say Yes to Better Broadband campaign reaches its conclusion. Residents have until Sunday to show their support for network improvements.
? Add your name online at www.norfolk.gov.uk/sayyesnorfolk, call 0344 800 8023 or sign up with a form available in the county's 47 libraries.
- 1 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 2 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 3 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 4 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 5 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 Linnets turn down £100,000 bid for midfielder
- 8 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 9 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day