Neighbours dupe boy by hiding Brussels sprout in his Halloween chocolate
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk boy hoping to tuck into his favourite chocolate after trick-or-treating instead found a Brussels sprout inside when he opened the wrapper.
Bailey Raven, aged nine, loves Halloween and where he lives in Wymondham 'everyone dresses up and even the adults'.
This year was no different for the youngster who headed out in the town on Wednesday night, dressed as a mummy, and he was given a bucketful of chocolate.
Bailey ate a few chocolates when he got home and was particularly excited as he spotted that someone had given him a Lindt one which is his favourite.
But when he got home from school on Thursday and opened the wrapper he found a trick instead of a treat inside.
READ MORE: Tesco shopper 'horrified' by insect infested rice bought from store near NorwichTara Smith, Bailey's mum, said: 'Bailey loves Halloween and in Whispering Oaks in Wymondham everyone dresses up and even the adults.
You may also want to watch:
'By the time he got home on Wednesday he only had a few then went to bed but on Thursday he had a few more.
'When he saw the Brussels sprout he found it funny and was grateful as he was given so many sweets from around Wymondham.
- 1 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 2 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 3 Council to force landowners to sell so £1.3m roundabout can be built
- 4 Restaurant boss U-turn after row over trial shift pay
- 5 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 6 Electric scooter riders arrested for drink-driving
- 7 Man died after lorry crashed into litter picking vans on A11
- 8 Norfolk to feature in Steven Spielberg's Second World War TV series
- 9 Tiny baby saved by 120-mile flight in 'wrong' helicopter
- 10 Driver may have fallen asleep before fatal crash, inquest hears
'He does actually like brussels sprout but he didn't eat that one.'
Both mother and son were baffled over who left the Brussels sprout inside the wrapper as everyone was 'brilliant' at the door.
Have you found a Brussels sprout in your Halloween chocolate or are you the Brussels sprouts bandit? Email firstname.lastname@example.org