Neighbours dupe boy by hiding Brussels sprout in his Halloween chocolate
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk boy hoping to tuck into his favourite chocolate after trick-or-treating instead found a Brussels sprout inside when he opened the wrapper.
Bailey Raven, aged nine, loves Halloween and where he lives in Wymondham 'everyone dresses up and even the adults'.
This year was no different for the youngster who headed out in the town on Wednesday night, dressed as a mummy, and he was given a bucketful of chocolate.
Bailey ate a few chocolates when he got home and was particularly excited as he spotted that someone had given him a Lindt one which is his favourite.
But when he got home from school on Thursday and opened the wrapper he found a trick instead of a treat inside.
READ MORE: Tesco shopper 'horrified' by insect infested rice bought from store near NorwichTara Smith, Bailey's mum, said: 'Bailey loves Halloween and in Whispering Oaks in Wymondham everyone dresses up and even the adults.
You may also want to watch:
'By the time he got home on Wednesday he only had a few then went to bed but on Thursday he had a few more.
'When he saw the Brussels sprout he found it funny and was grateful as he was given so many sweets from around Wymondham.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 3 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 4 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 5 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 6 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 7 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 8 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 9 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
'He does actually like brussels sprout but he didn't eat that one.'
Both mother and son were baffled over who left the Brussels sprout inside the wrapper as everyone was 'brilliant' at the door.
Have you found a Brussels sprout in your Halloween chocolate or are you the Brussels sprouts bandit? Email email@example.com