Search

Two people treated for smoke inhalation following bungalow fire

PUBLISHED: 18:39 21 February 2019 | UPDATED: 19:48 21 February 2019

The scene of the fire at Caister-on-Sea. Photo: Joe Norton

The scene of the fire at Caister-on-Sea. Photo: Joe Norton

Archant

Two people have been treated for smoke inhalation following a bungalow fire in Caister-on-Sea.

Emergency services were called to Brooke Avenue in the village, north of Great Yarmouth, shortly after 4pm on Thursday to reports of a domestic building fire.

Four fire engines from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston attended.

Watch manager Thaine Hacon said the blaze was caused by an old chip pan that caught fire.

He said two people who were inside the property were being treated for smoke inhalation, but were not being taken to hospital.

A fire service spokesman said crews wearing breathing apparatus are using main and hose jets to extinguish the blaze.

The incident was declared over at 5.45pm. There is said to be smoke damage throughout the property.

Updates to follow

• Do you have pictures of the scene? Email luke.powell@archant.co.uk


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Eastern Daily Press. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Latest from the Eastern Daily Press