Broken down vehicles causing rush hour delays on A47
- Credit: Archant
A broken down car is causing early morning delays on one of the region's busiest roads.
At around 6.30am, police were alerted to the fact a Vauxhall had broken down on the A47 near Hethersett, close to the Thickthorn roundabout.
Heavy tailbacks are building on the eastbound carriageway as a result, with police attending to ensure the scene is safe.
Police say the driver was able to pull onto the verge before breaking down, but that traffic was still building.
Further along the same road, but on the westbound carriageway, another broken down vehicle is causing delays in the opposite direction.
You may also want to watch:
The second vehicle broke down on the King's Lynn bound carriageway, close to the junction with the A140 Ipswich Road.
However, police say the vehicle has been safely moved onto a slip road and traffic is coping well.
- Keep up to date with all the latest travel news via our live traffic map.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 What happened when The Only Way Is Essex was filmed in Norfolk?