Broken down lorry causes long delays on A47 in Norfolk
There were long delays on the A47 in Norfolk this morning because of a broken down lorry.
The lorry broke down near to the Sandy Lane junction, close to East Tuddenham, between Norwich and Dereham, just before 9am.
This caused heavy congestion, with police cordoning off the lorry and directing traffic while the A47 was down to a single lane.
The lorry was unable to be repaired at the scene and was initially expected to be recovered by around 10.30am.
However, the traffic congestion continued through until 11.50am, when the lorry was finally recovered.
You may also want to watch:
- This picture was submitted by iwitness24 user Nigel Bill. Go to www.iwitness24.co.uk to find out how you can submit your breaking news to us.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 3 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 4 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 7 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 8 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 Woman who got stuck in marshes rescued by coastguards