Brochure for new Norfolk Gardens and Green Spaces Festival launched
Organisers of a new festival which aims to celebrate Norfolk's green spaces this Jubilee and Olympic year have launched their calendar of events.
The Norfolk Gardens and Green Spaces Festival brochure was launched at Fairhaven Garden in South Walsham today (Wednesday).
Running from May 18 to July 27, the county-wide festival forms part of the 2012 celebrations of the Royal Jubilee and coincides with the Olympic torch relay as it makes its 70-day journey around the UK.
It features a programme of more than 200 activities including wildlife walks, garden tours and a sculpture trail.
Project officer Susie White said: 'Getting out to these events will not only be fun but contribute to exercise and overall wellbeing whatever your age.'
The event has been organised by Norwich-based charity, the Educational Centres Association (ECA). It was inspired by former Norwich schoolgirl Rachel Read who designed a garden for the London 2012 site.
Copies of the brochure will be available from libraries and tourist venues across Norfolk over the coming weeks. A website, www.olympicgarden.org.uk, has also been launched in association with the festival.
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 3 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 4 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 5 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 6 Roadworks planned in Norfolk for this week
- 7 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 8 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 9 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 10 One person rescued after crash on A47
Are you holding an event to celebrate the Olympics this year? Call reporter Kate Scotter on 01603 772326 or email email@example.com.