Broads police thank 16-strong stag party who pushed police truck and trailer out of mud
- Credit: Archant
A 16-strong stag party came to the rescue of officers when a police vehicle and boat trailer became stuck in mud on the Norfolk Broads over the weekend.
One of the stag party, Mark Churms, from Stevenage, said the group was sailing from Wroxham towards Horning on Saturday morning when they saw the two police officers next to the car and trailer with a boat stuck in the mud.
'I shouted over to them, 'do you need some help?',' Mark said. 'We moored the two boats and everyone gave them a hand to get them out. We pushed the car and then pulled the trailer with boat on it across the grass.'
Mark, who works for the Metropolitan Police's safer transport team, added: 'They were obviously slightly embarrassed.'
The stag party then carried on its journey and the Broads Beat officers carried on with their patrol.
You may also want to watch:
On Instagram, officers thanked the group, saying: 'We'd like to say a HUGE thank you to this stag party of 16 who helped our Broads Beat officers in their moment of need! They all mucked in to help.'
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 5 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 6 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 7 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 8 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 9 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms
- 10 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award