New National Parks role for the Broads Authority agreed
- Credit: Archant
The Broads Authority (BA) has agreed to take on a new responsibility as part of its relationship with the country's National Parks.
From this year, the BA will act as the mouth piece for all of the UK's National Parks, after agreeing to house the communications services of them at its Norwich headquarters.
The move will see the BA's current team taking on an additional two members of staff - which will be jointly funded by the 15 members of the National Park family.
John Packman, BA chief executive, said it would help promote the Broads on a national level.
He said: 'This is adding a really strong feather to our bow and is something we have worked extremely hard to make happen.'
You may also want to watch:
At a full meeting of the authority, members voted in favour of pressing ahead with the plans.
At the same meeting, members also voted to adopt the new Wroxham Neighbourhood Plan, after it was supported by residents at a referendum.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 7 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre