Delays expected as road is closed and traffic diverted
- Credit: Archant
Drivers are being warned that delays are likely as a road is temporarily closed and traffic is diverted later this month.
Roadworks are set to be carried out by Essex and Suffolk Water at the junction of Britten Road and Long Road in Lowestoft.
With the works scheduled to take place between 9am and 6pm on May 29, it means that Britten Road will be closed, with a diversion put in place.
According to the Suffolk Roadworks map, "delays are likely" while the work is carried out, although it adds: "access to pedestrians and cyclists" will be maintained "at all times."
And while the work is being carried out delays are "possible" on Long Road as traffic control stop/go boards will be in operation.
You may also want to watch:
The Suffolk Roadworks map states the work on Long Road is "to be done in conjunction with road closure" on Britten Road.
A diversion route of about 1.1km is due to be put in place.
Keep up to date with the latest delays by viewing our Live Traffic Map.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Banham Zoo welcomes birth of two tiger cubs