Britpop favourites Shed Seven and Cast team up for Norwich gig
- Credit: Archant
Britpop band Shed Seven have announced plans for their first studio album in 16 years alongside their biggest ever UK tour which is stopping in Norwich.
The band, whose hits include Chasing Rainbows and Disco Down, will be performing at the The Nick Rayns LCR at the University of East Anglia on December 11 where they will be supported by Cast.
After a few years away, the band reformed with all the original band members: Rick Witter, Paul Banks, Tom Gladwin, Joe Johnson and Alan Leach and will be returning to the studio this spring to record the highly anticipated new album which will be released later this year.
Front man Rick Witter said: 'We've spent the last couple of years writing and demo-ing secretly and have more than an album's worth of material that we can't wait to share with you.
'We feel now is the right time. We're looking forward to 'Shedcember' where it will be business as usual, you'll get to hear all the songs you rightly should expect to hear but this time with a light sprinkling of new music to top it all off.
'Thanks for all the support over the years, we're really excited about this new chapter for Shed Seven and hope you'll continue to be part of the journey with us, and trust me, this album will be well worth the wait.'
Shed Seven were formed in York in 1990 and were one of the groups which contributed to the Britpop music scene of the 1990s.
- 1 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 2 Family's heartache as dog dies after being hit by Amazon van
- 3 Meet the three Norfolk businesses featured in Antiques Road Trip
- 4 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 5 A146 closed after three vehicles and motorcycle involved in crash
- 6 Warning after dogs left 'limp or lifeless' by mystery illness
- 7 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 8 People come 'from all over the country' to try this Norfolk seafood platter
- 9 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 10 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
• Tickets go on sale on Friday February 24 at 9am.