Britpop favourites Shed Seven and Cast team up for Norwich gig
- Credit: Archant
Britpop band Shed Seven have announced plans for their first studio album in 16 years alongside their biggest ever UK tour which is stopping in Norwich.
The band, whose hits include Chasing Rainbows and Disco Down, will be performing at the The Nick Rayns LCR at the University of East Anglia on December 11 where they will be supported by Cast.
After a few years away, the band reformed with all the original band members: Rick Witter, Paul Banks, Tom Gladwin, Joe Johnson and Alan Leach and will be returning to the studio this spring to record the highly anticipated new album which will be released later this year.
Front man Rick Witter said: 'We've spent the last couple of years writing and demo-ing secretly and have more than an album's worth of material that we can't wait to share with you.
'We feel now is the right time. We're looking forward to 'Shedcember' where it will be business as usual, you'll get to hear all the songs you rightly should expect to hear but this time with a light sprinkling of new music to top it all off.
You may also want to watch:
'Thanks for all the support over the years, we're really excited about this new chapter for Shed Seven and hope you'll continue to be part of the journey with us, and trust me, this album will be well worth the wait.'
Shed Seven were formed in York in 1990 and were one of the groups which contributed to the Britpop music scene of the 1990s.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 5 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 6 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 7 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 8 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 9 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 10 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
• Tickets go on sale on Friday February 24 at 9am.