Pie shop pops up on market for British Pie Week
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
It's one of the nation's most loved dishes.
Whether steak and kidney, steak and ale or chicken and mushroom, pies are a staple of the British diet.
And now the pastry delights are being brought to Norwich Market as part of the pop-up trend.
Walsingham Farm Shop has joined forces with Woodforde's and Charlie's Norfolk Food Heroes to launch a pop-up pie shop on Norwich Market until Saturday, March 10.
You'll find the stall at number 12, with a range of five freshly made pies available to eat straight away or to take home every day between 11am and 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
Each pie is rammed with the best quality locally-sourced meat and Woodforde's Norfolk ales.
The five pies include one cold, a pork pie made with Tim Allen's pork, Wherry beer, mustard and Wherry beer jelly.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 7 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 8 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move
The hot, ready-to-eat pies are: Beef and Wherry Ale, chicken, mushroom and Reedlighter, Minced Beef, Onion Compote and Nelson's Revenge, and Venison, Marmalade and Norfolk Nog.
Sam Bagge of Walsingham Farm Shop, said: 'We have pies available from 11am to 4pm every day and we've chosen this week to have a shop in Norwich Market as it's British Pie Week.
'We're actually selling a few pies that are in the British pie awards tomorrow. We have cold pies, hot pies and even a vegan pie which is actually one of our top sellers.
'The whole idea is to either eat it here or take it home with you. Every pie is made in Walsingham and we currently supply to a few outlets.
'I think pies are a hearty thing that keeps people happy, especially after the weather we had last week. We're mainly based in North Norfolk and we wanted to spread our wings and start selling here in Norwich.'
Charlie Hodson, of The Fur and Feather and Charlie's Food Heroes said: 'I've recently been quoted as a 'Norfolk food evangelist'. Well, there is no better way to share my love of all things local than a pop-up pie shop in collaboration with one of my butchers at The Fur and Feather (Tim Allen), Walsingham Farms and our very own Woodforde's brewery.'