Britain’s Got Talent Ronan Parke speaks of upset over internet ‘bullying’
Poringland singing star Ronan Parke has spoken about his upset over the rumours that Britain's Got Talent was fixed.
The Framingham Earl High School pupil, 12, who was the runner up in the competition, was the subject of an anonymous internet blog which claimed he had been working with Simon Cowell's production company, Syco, for two years.
Speaking to a national newspaper, Ronan said: 'I was really upset by those nasty words written by an anonymous person because it was all a load of rubbish.
'It was a horrible thing for someone to do, attack me like that. I hope some people didn't stop voting for me.
'I hate bullying - it's a terrible thing to do and I hope that people will see that it's wrong now.'
Simon Cowell called in the police to investigate who wrote the blog. He denied the rumours and said the allegations made him feel 'sick to the stomach'.
Ronan said: 'I'm glad Simon publicly said what he said about it being untrue. He has been so supportive to my family.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 7 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 8 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 9 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 10 NCFC LIVE: Missed chance for City against 10-man Newcastle
'I'm a lot stronger than people might think and I've got an amazing family and friends around me. They have all been great.'
The blog claimed Ronan had been spotted by a Syco scout after performing at a birthday party for Bryan Gunn.
It also claimed that he had received elocution lessons and had been styled by the Syco team.
Ronan, who was the bookies' favourite to win, was pipped to the post by singer Jai McDowell.
Ronan's mum, Maggie, said: 'I hope the blog didn't influence the voting. I would have hoped that people saw it was nonsense. At the end of the day, Jai won and we can't take that away from him. He is a lovely man. It is the way competitions work.'
Ronan is currently rehearsing for the Britain's Got Talent live tour which kicks off in Newcastle on Saturday.
*Are you heading for success in a national competition? Contact reporter Lucy Wright on 01603 772495 or email email@example.com