Briston organ group hold final show of the year in aid of Copeman Centre
- Credit: Archant
The final Briston organ show of the year, featuring guest organist Chris Powell, gave audiences a musical treat.
The Copeman Centre was filled to capacity with more than 100 music lovers, on November 10.
Mr Powell's set list included 'My Heart Will Go On' from 'Titanic'; big band numbers; a Tom Jones medley; and the full concert orchestra concluding the show with favourites from 'Last Night At The Proms'.
The audience was intrigued by the close-up film of his hands playing the organ.
Proceeds from the raffle and refreshments were donated to the Copeman Centre, and a charity stall at the event raised funds for the ORBIS Flying Eye Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The next show will be a New Year special, held on January 5, 2018, featuring entertainer Mick Leary and friends with all proceeds going to ORBIS.
Organisers thanked the 'wonderful live-music lovers who have made our series of shows in 2017 so successful'.
- 1 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 2 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 3 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 4 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 5 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 6 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 7 Best bargain ever? Village hall for sale for £35,000
- 8 Man drowned after drifting out onto lake on air bed
- 9 Inquest into death of 22-year-old swimmer at Norfolk beauty spot
- 10 Staff at food firm receive £900 bonus each