Bright future ahead for Norfolk student after scholarship success
- Credit: Archant
A 22-year-old student from Holt has been awarded a prestigious scholarship which will help pave his way to becoming an expert in the energy and environmental sectors.
Freddie David Harcourt will study for a masters degree in Sustainable Energy Futures at Imperial College London, thanks to the ScottishPower Foundation's scholarships programme.
Mr Harcourt said he was thrilled to have won the scholarship, an he hoped his studies would lead to a career in agriculture and renewable energy.
He said: 'It gives me the opportunity to be more flexible and definitely eases the pressure to allow me to focus on my studies.'
'I hope the future will see a reduction in the cost of energy storage.'
You may also want to watch:
He added: 'This will mean we will be able to have a higher dependence on renewable energy while retaining the reliable and affordable energy network we have today.'
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 7 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 8 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 9 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools