Busy road to close with diversion in place for bridge works
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
A busy road is to be closed with traffic diverted as 'essential maintenance' works are carried out on a bridge.
Motorists are being warned that "delays are likely" as the A1117 Bridge Road in Oulton Broad, Lowestoft is temporarily closed next week.
The warning comes as Suffolk Highways carry out overnight "maintenance works to Mutford Lock Bridge".
It means that the A1117 Bridge Road will be closed between 8pm and 6am as the works are being carried out between Tuesday, February 25 and Thursday, February 27.
According to the Suffolk Roadworks map, "pedestrians and cyclists will be able to use the adjacent footbridge."
You may also want to watch:
It states that the A1117 Bridge Road will be closed overnight "from Saltwater Way until the roundabout with Commodore Road" to allow "maintenance works to Mutford Lock Bridge" to be carried out.
According to Suffolk Highways, traffic will be diverted 6.7km - about 12 minutes - via Victoria Road, Waveney Drive, A12, A47, Peto Way, Normanston Drive and vice versa.
Earlier this month, Suffolk Highways closed the footpath on Freshwater Way in Oulton Broad for "public safety" as work continues until February 28.
Keep up to date with all of the latest delays on the roads via our Live Traffic Map .
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 7 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 8 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move