Road set to be closed for bridge repairs
- Credit: Archant
Repairs are set to be made to a bridge that had been found in a dangerous “deteriorating” state earlier this year.
In February repair work started at the Waveney Bridge , on the A146 Norwich Road at Beccles, as Suffolk Highways closed the road to allow “urgent replacement of bridge expansion joints.”
The road will be closed again later this month, with traffic and pedestrians diverted.
A Suffolk Highways spokesman said: “Following the emergency bridge joint replacement on Waveney Bridge earlier this year, we are returning to replace the remaining three bridge plug joints.
“The work is currently scheduled to take place between September 28 and October 3.
“This will require a 24/7 road closure of A146 Norwich Road, Beccles at Waveney Bridge between the George Westwood Way roundabout, for 450m north westbound, across The River Waveney).
You may also want to watch:
“For the duration of the road closure, traffic will be diverted via A146, A143, A47, A1117, A146 and vice versa.
“Please note that access through the site will be unavailable for the duration of the works, including pedestrians and cyclists.”
Keep up to date with the latest delays by viewing our Live Traffic Map .
- 1 Family of missing man informed after body found in water
- 2 Buy a former 1950s police station for sale for £330,000
- 3 'Stay local' warning and visitors fined after hundreds head to Sea Palling
- 4 Police give out £200 penalty notices to day-trippers for second weekend running
- 5 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 6 Tributes to kind-hearted dad-of-three who died from Covid
- 7 Cardiac arrest call sparks rescue operation near beauty spot
- 8 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 9 'They think they can get away with it' - crowds flock to seaside village
- 10 Households with children to get two Covid tests per person every week