Lifeboat crew stages rescue after Broads cruiser gets stranded
- Credit: Archant
A lifeboat crew was forced into action Friday evening, after a Broads cruiser hit troubled waters near Great Yarmouth and ended up being grounded.
The cruiser, which was carrying four people at the time, found itself stranded on a sandbank while attempting to cross Breydon Water at around 9.30pm last night.
A lifeboat crew from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston RNLI was then sent to their aid, successfully freeing the cruiser from its predicament and towing it to the yacht station in Great Yarmouth.
A spokesman for HM Coastguard said: "With the tide going out at the time the sand banks get quite large so the cruiser got grounded.
"The lifeboat crew towed it to the yacht station and everybody on board was fine."
You may also want to watch:
The coastguard spokesman said the cruiser had been carrying a mixture of male and female passengers and that it was a routine job for the lifeboat crew.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Residents' anger at Deliveroo motorcycle drivers using pavement shortcut