Breezy launch for Dereham’s big festival of arts, music and culture
The team behind Dereham Festival 2012 took to the blustery streets of the town today to spread the message about the programme of entertainment they have on offer this spring.
A handful of organising committee members, festival Friends and other helpers was stationed in the Nelson Place shopping precinct during the morning and early afternoon.
Festival chairman Jim Stebbings later estimated that they had handed out about 2,000 programmes and sold about �1,500 of tickets despite a cold wind whipping around the precinct and afternoon rain.
This evening, a pre-festival concert by cabaret and singing act Showbitz! is taking place at 7.30pm in the new-look Memorial Hall, which will be the major venue for the main programme of arts and culture.
Dereham Festival runs from May 19 to June 16 and features everything from rock, disco and jazz music to classical, choral and musical performances, as well as a Dereham's Got Talent! contest for young people, plus a host of community events.
You may also want to watch:
Headline acts appearing include magician Paul Daniels and harmony group Blake.
Postal applications for tickets open on Monday, as does online booking at www.derehamfestival.org.uk. From Tuesday, April 3, you will be able to book in person at @thegallery at the Memorial Hall.
- 1 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 2 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 3 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 4 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 5 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 6 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 7 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 8 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 9 Inquest into death of 22-year-old swimmer at Norfolk beauty spot
- 10 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
More information at www.derehamfestival.org.uk or by calling 01362 693277 or 692247.