Council staff celebrate raising over £2000 for various charities
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a district council have raised over £2,000 for three different charities.
Breckland Council's customer contact team announced they have raised over £2,200 for MENCAP, British Heart Foundation and Norfolk's EACH Hospice.
Over 12 months the team have hosted bake sales for colleagues, tuck shops and car boots to raise the funds as well as hoping to raise the profile of each charity.
A Breckland Council customer contact team spokesperson said: 'We were delighted with the support from our fellow Breckland colleagues in 2018, raising over £2,200 for these hardworking charities, which is all to offer support and help to Breckland residents.
'We look forward to smashing that amount next year!'
You may also want to watch:
If you are taking part in fundraising for charity, contact our reporter Dan Bennett with the details by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 Landlady warns community pubs are being 'crucified' by new measures
- 3 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 4 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 5 Norfolk hospitals have discharged over 1,100 coronavirus patients
- 6 Water outages hit homes across city
- 7 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 8 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 9 People released from car after crash closes road
- 10 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140