Council staff celebrate raising over £2000 for various charities
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a district council have raised over £2,000 for three different charities.
Breckland Council's customer contact team announced they have raised over £2,200 for MENCAP, British Heart Foundation and Norfolk's EACH Hospice.
Over 12 months the team have hosted bake sales for colleagues, tuck shops and car boots to raise the funds as well as hoping to raise the profile of each charity.
A Breckland Council customer contact team spokesperson said: 'We were delighted with the support from our fellow Breckland colleagues in 2018, raising over £2,200 for these hardworking charities, which is all to offer support and help to Breckland residents.
'We look forward to smashing that amount next year!'
You may also want to watch:
If you are taking part in fundraising for charity, contact our reporter Dan Bennett with the details by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 8 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab