Breckland Council’s main meeting room officially reopened in memory of former council leader Cliff Jordan
- Credit: Archant
Breckland Council's main meeting room has now been officially reopened as The Jordan Room, in honour of the late former council leader Cliff Jordan.
Council chairman Richard Duffield officially opened the renamed room alongside Mr Jordan's three sons.
Councillor Duffield said: 'Cliff will always have a special place in our hearts and I hope that council members for years to come will be inspired by Cliff's drive and passion.
'It is a fine legacy and I can think of no better tribute to a public servant who worked tirelessly throughout his political career for the people of Breckland.'
Breckland councillors voted to rename their meeting room in July.
You may also want to watch:
Daron Jordan, one of Cliff's sons, added: 'We are very proud of our father and have been deeply honoured by the council's gesture.
'This honour is a wonderful way to commemorate and celebrate his work, as he cared so much for the people of Breckland and his beloved county of Norfolk.'
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 3 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 8 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 9 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 10 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m