‘Toxic’ bonfires of mattresses and microwaves started on housing estate
- Credit: Breckland Council
A series of fires involving dumped mattresses and microwaves have been reported on a town’s housing estate.
Breckland Council is investigating two bonfires on the Abbey Estate communal greens, in Thetford.
The offender(s) who started the fires used household items including mattresses and microwaves that had been dumped.
On Facebook Breckland Council wrote: “We need your help. Last week two fires were started on the Abbey Estate communal greens in Thetford.
“As you can see in the images, mattresses, microwaves and other items were used in the fire. Lighting a bonfire in a public area, with toxic items like this was a reckless and dangerous act against the wider community.
You may also want to watch:
“We are asking for your help to identify the people involved in this bonfire.
“Please private message us here or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any information.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 8 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 9 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 10 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut