Youngsters show support for key waste workers
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters in Breckland have been showing their support for hard-working bin crews with messages and drawings.
Recycling, garden and household waste has still been collected, with services continued during the midst of the coronavirus outbreak and self-isolation.
And youngsters in the district have been putting up pictures and leaving crews messages to show their support.
Annette Joyce, regional director for Serco, which operates Breckland’s waste service, said: “We truly appreciate all the support the community are showing our teams and they’re working exceptionally hard to ensure key waste and recycling services continue to be undertaken.
“A friendly wave if you see them will really help spur them on during this difficult period.”
You may also want to watch:
A Breckland spokesman said: “We are incredibly proud of the way all our teams have risen to the challenge of coronavirus and would like to take this opportunity to thank them for their dedication and hard work.”
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 8 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 9 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 10 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack