Breaking: Prince Harry to attend next week’s Suffolk Show
- Credit: PA
News of the royal guest was confirmed today by Clarence House, and the Suffolk Agricultural Association said it was 'thrilled and honoured' by the news.
HRH Prince Harry, who has close links with Suffolk having been based at Wattisham Airfield, will attend the show on Thursday, the second day of the event at Trinity Park, on the outskirts of Ipswich.
Show Director Bill Baker said: 'The presence of a member of the Royal family is a wonderful boost for all those who support the show - exhibitors, tradestand holders, sponsors - and of course our own team of staff and volunteer stewards.
'The Prince enjoys a strong public following and his visit is especially appreciated in a year when we are working to appeal to more young people at the Show and presenting the kinds of careers available to them in the food and farming related industries.
'I am very much looking forward to welcoming him and showing him around the fantastic features of this year's show.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 2 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 3 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 4 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 7 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 8 Norfolk social worker loses race discrimination case
- 9 'We'll be forced back on the roads' - travellers' plea at site hearing
- 10 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines