Breaking News: Suspicious white powder found at Earsham Street sorting office in Bungay
FORENSIC officers have been scrambled after white powder was discovered at a sorting office in Bungay.
The alarm was raised at Bungay Delivery Office, Earsham Street, around 6.20am this morning.
Suffolk police said the Royal Mail premises has been sealed off while they investigate whether the white powder is hazardous.
A police spokeswoman said: 'The incident is in Earsham Street, Bungay, they found some white powder in the sorting office there.
You may also want to watch:
'We don't know what it is yet, so as a precaution they have sealed the office off.
'We'll test and see what it is, we need to make sure it's safe and not hazardous.'
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 8 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 9 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
It is thought that the powder was found among post in a trolley at the office. Officers are currently at the scene where the powder is being tested.
• We will continue to updated this story with further information as it happens.