Brighter Christmas for vulnerable youngsters after firm’s donations
- Credit: Archant
Several bags of donated toys and gifts were handed over to the Break charity by Norfolk firm Hays Travel.
Staff and members of the public were invited to pop into one of the Hays Travel branches to donate new toys, gift sets, toiletries, household goods, stationery items and books.
It was the firm's sixth annual Santa's Sleigh appeal to help vulnerable children, young people and families supported by the charity across East Anglia.
Break's chief executive officer Hilary Richards said: 'It is overwhelming to see so many kind gifts and toys donated. These gifts will be wrapped and given to so many deserving families, children and young people who have moved on from care.'
Branch manager of Hays Travel Aylsham and appeal coordinator, Jo Dobbie said: 'All of us at Hays Travel are so appreciative of everyone who supported us with this appeal and would like to say thank you.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 9 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 10 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony