House blaze in Brandon town centre
- Credit: Suffolk police
Traffic is at a standstill following a house fire in Brandon town centre.
Police have closed the A106 London Road after the fire broke out at 1.34pm on Friday.
Crews from Wickhambrook, Mildenhall, Bury St Edmunds, Newmarket, East Harling, King's Lynn, Methwold and Thetford stations were called to the scene.
Mildenhall police said on Twitter traffic was "at a standstill" in the town due to the road closure.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service confirmed a neighbour called firefighters after noticing smoke coming out of the building.
The occupants of the property were not at home at the time, the spokesman added.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 3 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 4 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 5 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 6 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 7 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 8 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 9 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 10 Inside Norfolk's vital lifeline centre offering families respite