Woman dies after crash involving motorcycle in Norfolk village
- Credit: Archant
A female pedestrian has died after she was involved in a collision with a motorcyclist in Bradwell this morning.
The woman, who was aged in her 60s, died following the crash on the A143 Beccles Road, which has left the road closed at Mallard Way and Crab Lane.
She was taken to the James Paget University Hospital following the collision, which happened at shortly after 6.30am on Tuesday morning.
The male motorcyclist, who was aged in his 50s suffered minor injuries and was treated by paramedics at the scene.
Police are warning motorists there will be delays, with traffic diverted away from the scene.
Sergeant Adrian Hales, of Norfolk Roads Policing who was incident commander for the scene, said that investigation were ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
The road is expected to re-open shortly after 10.30am.
He added: 'Anybody who may have witnessed the incident should contact the roads policing team at Acle on 101.'
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 7 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 8 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 9 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 10 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker