Woman dies after crash involving motorcycle in Norfolk village
- Credit: Archant
A female pedestrian has died after she was involved in a collision with a motorcyclist in Bradwell this morning.
The woman, who was aged in her 60s, died following the crash on the A143 Beccles Road, which has left the road closed at Mallard Way and Crab Lane.
She was taken to the James Paget University Hospital following the collision, which happened at shortly after 6.30am on Tuesday morning.
The male motorcyclist, who was aged in his 50s suffered minor injuries and was treated by paramedics at the scene.
Police are warning motorists there will be delays, with traffic diverted away from the scene.
Sergeant Adrian Hales, of Norfolk Roads Policing who was incident commander for the scene, said that investigation were ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
The road is expected to re-open shortly after 10.30am.
He added: 'Anybody who may have witnessed the incident should contact the roads policing team at Acle on 101.'
- 1 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 2 Police seal off building site in Norwich
- 3 Family told baby with half a working heart has weeks to live
- 4 Woman on soft-food diet 'forever' after attack by kick-boxer partner
- 5 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 6 Oh deer! Muntjac escorted out of Tesco after sprinting into bakery
- 7 Pub hands out free ice creams during road collision traffic jam
- 8 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 9 Left-back seals permanent Canaries exit
- 10 Bleach thrown at woman from passing car