Boy taken to hospital after kitchen fire in east Norfolk village

Googlemap of Ormesby Saint Margaret, near Great Yarmouth

Googlemap of Ormesby Saint Margaret, near Great Yarmouth - Credit: Archant

A six-year-old boy was taken to hospital after a kitchen fire in Ormesby St Margaret, near Great Yarmouth, today.

The youngster was not injured, but was taken to the James Paget University Hospital as a precaution.

A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said he was checked out for potential smoke inhalation.

Firefighters from Yarmouth and Martham were sent to Station Road in the village shortly after 9.20am.

The crews wore breathing apparatus and used main and hose reel jets to extinguish the flames, before using a thermal imaging camera to check for hotspots and a positive pressure ventilation fan to ventilate the property.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus