Ten-year-old boy killed in Wisbech collision with lorry is named
- Credit: Archant
A 10-year-old boy who died following a collision with a lorry in Wisbech has been named.
Kastytis Dambrauskas, of Cox Close, Wisbech, was riding his bike when he was involved in the collision with a HGV on Weasenham Lane, at about 8.30am Monday morning.
He had been cycling to begin his last week of term before the summer holiday.
The road was closed in both directions until mid-afternoon while police investigators tried to piece together what happened.
Floral tributes had been placed at the scene this morning.
You may also want to watch:
On social media hundreds offered condolences to the boy's family.
One person wrote: 'He was only 10 years old and he was on his bike going to school. That boy was my son's friend and they live next to us. My son is his age; I still cannot believe this has happened.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: Norwich City Council LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 8 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
Anyone who witnessed the collision should contact the Road Policing Unit on 101.